How to measure hinge holes for replacement doors
Can't do with the hassle of measuring? Bring your old doors to our showroom in Huntingdon and we will do all the measuring for you...
Call us on 01480 432700 for details.
These tips are only for recessed concealed hinges as shown below
- This is a typical concealed hinge used on Kitchen, Bedroom Bathroom and built in cupboards.
- They come in two sizes 35mm dia and 26mm dia hole size.
- Most hinges used are the 35mm dia.
- 26mm dia hinges are sometimes used in small bathroom cabinets or budget carcasses.
Measuring Points from top
- The sample shows the measuring points for the top hinge hole.
- The same applies to the bottom hole.
- If you have four holes we would want the distance from the top for the upper two and the distance from the bottom for the lower two.
- If a new build with 4 hole you can enter "even" if the positions aren't critical.
- For centre holes we like the measurement from the top, You can enter "cen" or "centre".
Sample Dims of a typical door hole
- Almost all front fitting cabinet doors hinge holes are centred 22.5mm from the front with a 35mm dia hole
- The height distance vary between manufacturers and must be checked.
- If the hinge is 26mm dia the hole centre should be 18mm.
Door handing for hinge holes
- The door on the left is left hung.
- The door on the right is right hung.
- If you want a top hung door we like you to select the Top Box, ideally this is the only time a Top Box is selected.
- If you have doors of the same size and some are drilled and other are undrilled can you please order these as separate panels.